Featured Post

SECRETS FROM EXPERIENCE

An Experience that revealed me certain secrets of life.      It was my second half of teenage. I was losing control of my mind over body...

Saturday, November 10, 2018

ACHIEVEMENTS OF NASA'S KEPLER


ACHIEVMENTS OF NASA’S KEPLER
     Technology is developing at a faster rate. So for our knowledge is concerned there is life in the planet Earth only. Earth is only a planet of our star known as Sun, which also has 7 more planets (not considering Pluto as a planet). For the creation of life that is similar to that as on Earth there should be similar conditions as on Earth. There are no such conditions in other planets revolving around the sun.
     Since the Sun is a star in our galaxy Milky Way, and there are many stars in it and at least some stars may be having planets that support life with suitable conditions. Besides this there are numerous other galaxies with millions of stars. There may be life in any planet revolving around any star in the universe. For several years people have seen flying saucers coming around Earth and going out of reach of human technology. This also leads to suspicion that intelligent life, even superior to human life exists somewhere in the universe.
     This led into the investigation in search of exoplanets (planets outside the solar system). One such famous investigation is done by NASA’s KEPLER. It was launched in March 2009 from Colorado as first planet hunting mission with the cost of $600 million. The telescope’s heliocentric orbit from Earth was 150 million km. It investigated stars for about 9 years and ran out of fuel on 19th October 2018. 530506 stars were spotted and 2681 exoplanets were found, apart from 2899 more that require confirmation. It also found 30 earth sized exoplanets in habitable zones. 70% of known exoplanets have been found by Kepler.
     KEPLER22B: One of the Kepler’s biggest finds, spotted in 2011 about 600 light years away (one light year is the distance travelled by light in one year at the speed of 300000 km per second) from us. It has a radius of 2.5 times bigger than Earth and is in the habitable zone. Further studies found it is likely covered in water and has a water vapour atmosphere making it a prime candidate for hosting life.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I could not refrain from commenting. Very well written!

Anonymous said...

Heya i'm for the first time here. I came across this board and I find It truly useful & it helped me out a lot.
I hope to give something back and help others like
you helped me.

Anonymous said...

Howdy! This blog post could not be written much better!

Reading through this article reminds me of my previous roommate!
He constantly kept preaching about this.
I most certainly will forward this article to him. Pretty sure he will have a very good read.

Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I always spent my half an hour to read this webpage's articles or reviews everyday along
with a cup of coffee.

Anonymous said...

I know this website offers quality dependent articles and extra data, is there any other web page which gives these data in quality?